Worcestershire, Herefordshire, Monmouthshire, Gloucestershire
Company Benefits: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, bonus scheme, Christmas shut down and Relocation Package available
Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Setter to support the efficient production of customer components ensuring highest levels of quality and efficiency are reached on every production run.
Your responsibilities as an Trainee Setter will include:
- To mould mount applicable tools and set up processing equipment as efficiently as possible in order to deliver maximum overall equipment efficiency. To set and keep running production from moulding machines throughout shift.
- Undertake tool changes and start up procedures in line with tool change procedural documentation, setting machine parameters to the setting sheet, with sign off including the promotion of housekeeping standards. Submitting a first off as per the the first off procedure, and related documentation, ensuring a ‘right first time’ attitude; including restarts.
- Take ownership of half of the factory floor, ensuring all machines are loaded, set and running effectively and with minimal downtime and scrap.
- Working with the Quality Department to carry out corrective actions timely and efficiently to maintain conformity and optimisation.
- Maintain and adhere to safe practices of work in the interests of Health and Safety at work.
- Supporting the Shift Technician to optimise output and efficiency recording setting parameters that can be replicated to achieve maximum overall equipment efficiency.
- Actively seek to minimise scrap through process improvements, problems solving, and quick response to alarm outs, undertaking a root cause analysis and identifying and rectifying the issue. Ensure that all scrap is recorded on Mattec.
- Undertake the role of Emergency Team, as described in the Fire Evacuation Policy, should the fire alarm be activated.
- To participate in improvement projects and innovations for the betterment of the business.
- Supporting the material loader where required.
- Undertaking routine maintenance work as directed by the Maintenance Manager, Technical Manager or Shift Technician.
- Stepping up to cover absence of the Shift Technician where required, undertaking the full duties of the shift technician to the best of the job holders abilities.
- Any other reasonable management request.
To be a successful candidate as a Trainee setter you will need:
- Able to work on rotating shifts, including undertaking night work.
- Experienced in loading Injection Moulding Tools, and moulding using a range of polymers including ABS, Acetal, Nylon and PCABS.
- Qualified to IMT2 or equivalent, with a desire to work towards IMT3.
- Competent reach truck driver
- An understanding of working to ISO 9001 and 13485, and the AKI Quality Manual.
- Experience of ERP systems
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Word and Excel
- Excellent understanding of Health & Safety in Injection Moulding processing.
- Demonstrable experience of routine maintenance to injection moulding machines to maintain production e.g. changing heater bands and replacing micro-switches
- A good working knowledge of Mattec and WinMan
- An excellent working understanding of ISO 9001 and 13485
- Experience of robot programming / editing would be an advantage, including 6-axis
- A HNC/D in an Engineering subject, such as Mechanical Engineer or Polymer Processing
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.