Trainee Quantity Surveyor/ Estimator
Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Quantity Surveyor/ Estimator to join our clients Contracts & Estimating team. As a forward-thinking individual who is willing to progress and might have started their career by gaining or working towards the relevant BTEC HNC or Degree level qualification, or someone who can demonstrate experience and knowledge.
Your responsibilities as a Trainee Quantity Surveyor/ Estimator will include:
- Estimating architectural metalwork, secondary steelwork & structural steel
- Reading architects and engineers drawings
- Material takes off’s and tender summaries
- Obtaining supplier quotations and negotiating
- Preparing quotations to meet deadlines
- Drafting detailed quotations
- Liaising with clients to discuss the tender submissions
- Quantifying material take offs and producing costs analysis for client approvals
- Monthly job costing forecasts and analysis
- Attending client meetings and occasional site visits
- Assisting with monthly applications and final accounts
- Working with other departments
To be a successful candidate as a Trainee Quantity Surveyor/ Estimator you will need:
- Good IT skills
- Excellent communicator
- Able to work well in a team and with good people skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Positive attitude to work with attention to detail
- Flexible approach and able to prioritise tasks
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.