Excellent salary plus benefits
Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity for a Toolmaker to be responsible for the repair and maintenance of plastic injection moulds and tooling in line with production and customer requirements to support business objectives.
Your responsibilities as a Toolmaker will include:
- To ensure that wherever possible, the repair and maintenance of production tools is carried out in line with production requirement in the allocated time frame.
- To modify tools as required by business or customer request.
- To produce new tools, moulds and hot plate welding jigs in line with project and business objectives.
- To test and confirm electrical and hydraulic/pneumatic operation of tools before return to production.
- To maintain the highest standard of workmanship at all times.
- To record all relevant data pertaining to tooling and record onto the Toolroom database.
- To have an active involvement in improvement activities to support the achievement of departmental and company objectives.
- To be proactive in making tooling modifications to improve scrap cycle time and tool reliability.
- To ensure that housekeeping within the area is maintained in a satisfactory condition.
- To ensure a safe working environment exists for self and colleagues.
To be a successful candidate as a Toolmaker you will need:
- Comprehensive knowledge of ‘Hot runner systems’ i.e. Mould masters & HRS
- Tig welding skills and certification
- Demonstrate excellent bench ‘hand skills’ i.e. filing and forming
- Capable of polishing to 3 micron mirror finish
- An apprentice-served Toolmaker, preferably with an ONC/HNC in Mechanical Engineering, with at least 5 years previous experience of injection mould tools.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist, working within the Automotive, World class manufacturing, Renewable energy and Construction sectors
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.