Reporting to the Tool Room Coordinator, a shift Toolmaker is required, responsible for the repair and maintenance of plastic injection moulds and tooling in line with production and customer requirements to support business objectives.
Salary is circa £38,000 per annum (Including shift allowance- double days), plus an excellent benefits package.
As a Toolmaker your responsibilities will include the following:
- To ensure that wherever possible, the repair and maintenance of production tools is carried out in line with production requirement in the allocated time frame.
- To modify tools as required by business or customer request.
- To produce new tools, moulds and hot plate welding jigs in line with project and business objectives.
- To have an active involvement in improvement activities to support the achievement of departmental and company objectives.
- To be proactive in making tooling modifications to improve scrap cycle time and tool reliability.
- Comprehensive knowledge of ‘Hot runner systems’ i.e. Mould masters & HRS
- Tig welding skills and certification
- Demonstrate excellent bench ‘hand skills’ i.e. filing and forming
- Capable of polishing to 3 micron mirror finish
- An apprentice-served Toolmaker, preferably with an ONC/HNC in Mechanical Engineering, with at least 5 years previous experience of injection mould tools.
This position is based in Droitwich and is easily accessible from Bromsgrove, Worcester, Malvern, Kidderminster and Redditch.
You will be joining an organisation that is recognised globally for their unique and highly innovative automotive components. They are specialists within the automotive sector; this is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to utilise their skills and experience and put them into practice for a highly established multinational company.
If you are excited by the prospect of joining an international organisation as a Toolmaker, please apply immediately.