A Tooling Engineer is required to play a pivotal role providing setting and technical support to the shift, be responsible for the introduction new tooling into production and for co-ordinating the purchasing and manufacture of tooling for use in the company.
Salary is to £44,000 per annum, plus an excellent benefits package.
As a Tooling Engineer your responsibilities will include the following:
- The introduction new tooling into production
- Co-ordinating the purchasing and manufacture of tooling for use in the company.
- To work with component designers to ensure new designs are in line with the principals of reducing costs and lead times for tools, reducing cycle times and scrap levels, and minimising tool maintenance and breakdowns
- Conducting RFQ and nominations activities for new tooling
- To co-ordinate and carry out tool design reviews, ensuring all tool designs are reviewed.
- To supervise and carry out tool trials, in conjunction with Moulding Engineering.
- Be part of/lead “Practical Problem Solving” teams
To be successful as a Tooling Engineer, you must have experience with the process of tooling procurement including:
- The preparation of ‘Request For Quotation’ documentation
- The analysis of ‘Cost Break Down Sheets’ for complete tools and modifications
- Experience of working within a Manufacturing site, automotive essential
- Completion of HNC or equivalent in an engineering or plastics-related subject
This position is based in Droitwich and is easily accessible from Bromsgrove, Worcester, Malvern, Kidderminster and Redditch.
You will be joining an organisation that is recognised globally for their unique and highly innovative automotive components. They are specialists within the automotive sector; this is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to utilise their skills and experience and put them into practice for a highly established multinational company.
If you are excited by the prospect of joining an international organisation as a Tooling Engineer, please apply immediately.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.