£32k - £36k
Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity for a Test Engineer to carry out design validation (DV) testing of new products to customer test specifications.
As Test Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for conducting DVP test programs to validate the design of new automotive products to customer test specifications (customers include: Mercedes AMG, Aston Martin, Mclaren, Bentley, Ferrari & Rolls Royce).
- Setup, monitoring and analysis of environmental tests e.g. high / low temperature, temperature cycle, humidity, thermal shock, corrosion, dust and water spray.
- Setup, monitoring and analysis of mechanical tests e.g. random vibration, mechanical shock.
- Conducting material testing for plastic components or to validate component finishes such as aluminising or chrome plating.
- Basic electrical testing of products to verify correct operation.
- Feedback of test results to project teams. Assist project teams in resolving issues with products during the testing process. Investigations into root causes of test failures to determine possible corrective actions.
- Arrange external testing at test houses and witness external tests as required.
- Compile detailed test reports in accordance with company and customer requirements.
To be successful as Test Engineer, you should have: