Technical Project Manager
Hybrid office and remote working
Recruit12 Construction has a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Project Manager to join an award-winning expert in, Brand Repositioning, Strategic Reviews, Branding, Brand Development, Architecture, and Interior Design within the hospitality industry.
The company has over 30-years of creating commercially successful local and global brands, whilst ensuring that our guest experiences are practical, sales optimised, groundbreaking, and inspirational, With decades, spent working in hospitality interior design!
working from Sutton Coldfield Interior Design office for restaurants, pubs, and hospitality sectors
As a Technical Project Manager reporting into the Design Team Leader and working closely with the Creative Director and the Creative Founder/CEO Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Prepare desirable and efficient technical designs.
- Add value through good design.
- To develop and implement construction standards and related processes to maintain and grow the company’s credibility in the technical aspect of our work with the client.
- To develop your understanding of design culture by working with other members of the team and company.
- To act as a project technician, being principally targeted towards projects which have particular strategic importance as a new brand or for a new client.
- To be responsible, in conjunction with the project designer, for the building design and detailing, local authority negotiation, liaison with other consultants, liaison with client, and overall team accountability in these areas.
- To produce CAD drawings as specified by your Team Manager, complying with the company’s methods, numbering, and filing system, and to the standards expected of a Senior Technician.
- To work with other team members, on the budgetary control of projects.
- To work with other team members in the development of projects from briefing to completion, liaising with the team manager (and the senior designer where appropriate) agreeing with team members their specific tasks and responsibilities on a project by project basis.
- To assume the role of a project team leads on specific projects, varying in accordance with project type i.e. design-led or build-led. Mentoring junior team members whilst carrying out those duties, in both office and site-based situations.
- To assist in maintaining and developing existing clients through project-specific contact.
- To assist in the training and development of technicians and junior technicians, in a mentoring capacity, supervising their work and aiding their skill growth.
- Assist senior management with the ongoing development and implementation of working processes in order to increase the productivity and efficiency of the company.
- Share skills and knowledge company-wide.
- Engage with planning local authorities, their consultees, and other stakeholders and win their support for our proposals.
- Engage with building control authorities, their consultees, and other stakeholders and win their support for our proposals.
- Manage the preparation and submission of planning applications, and through the approval process, resolving outstanding conditions in line with the project's timelines.
- Manage the preparation and submission of building regulation approval applications, and through the approval process, resolving outstanding conditions in line with the project's timelines.
- Achieve agreed deadlines and timescales.
- Deal with build issues that require the designer’s attention during the progress of the works.
- Manage the coordination of consultants and contractor information
- Ensure all relevant project team members and internal teams are informed of key developments.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of planning applications and the approval process.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of building regulations and the approval process.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all health and safety requirements within the construction industry and company policies, particularly professional obligations under the construction design and management regulations.
- Maintain up-to-date personal training and CPD in line with company policies & requirements.
To be successful as a Technical Project Manager, you must have:
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in hospitality design
- Excellent presentation, conceptual and visualizing skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- On-site experience
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment to tight deadlines
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Strong and confident client communication skills