Excellent Salary plus benefits package
Recruit 12 have an excellent opportunity for a Systems Engineer. Key to success in this role is to build effective relationships with all stakeholders, effectively communicate at all levels, including the ability to challenge and to work in a customer/supplier relationship manner. You will apply Systems Engineering approaches to ensure that engineering design and construction is undertaken with clarity of purpose, defined scopes and interfaces, and is traceable to the requirements.
Recognised as a world leader in the area of remote handling equipment and specialist robots, our client produces world class solutions that support a much cleaner and safer planet.
As a Systems Engineer your responsibilities will include the following:
- Communicate effectively across the engineering and project management teams, working independently and leading small teams, across multiple projects within a programme group.
- Apply Systems Engineering approaches to ensure that engineering design and construction is undertaken with clarity of purpose, defined scopes and interfaces, and is traceable to the requirements.
- Proactively maintain & update company procedures, techniques, tools, approaches & training for Systems Engineering.
- Monitor the progress of engineering activities against design quality plans.
- Engage with the Business Management team to ensure projects and workflows are appropriately prioritised.
Specific duties will include a combination of the following, depending on project requirements and previous skills and experience:
- System functional analysis and system modelling.
- Requirement’s elicitation and clarification including technical query authoring.
- Requirement’s decomposition, analysis and management.
- High-level options identification and assessment.
- Interface development and management.
- Basis of Design preparation.
- Preparation of subcontract outline technical specifications.
- Verification and validation planning, including test preparation for FAT and commissioning procedures.
- Co-ordination of safety risk management.
- Verification against legislative requirements including CDM and CE Marking.
To be successful as a Systems Engineer, you must:
- Be preferably Educated to degree level in an engineering or science discipline relevant to the design and manufacture of machinery.
- Have a demonstrable working knowledge of scientific and engineering principles and concepts.
- Have several years’ experience working in a multi-disciplinary engineering environment delivering projects to external customers.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of Systems Engineering approaches and supporting tools, including:
1) Ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external stake holders
2) Proficiency in Requirements management and knowledge of the system V model
3) Testing experience (Verification / Validation)"
1) System modelling
2) Expert in creating Excel spreadsheets including macros
3) Proficiency in System Engineering toolsets such as DOORS, Enterprise Architect etc
4) ITEAP prep for complex systems
5) Skills in any of the following useful:
DOORS or ISOGRAPH or "FAULT TREE" or FMEA or "FAILURE MODE" or MBSE or "SYSTEMS ARCHITECTURE"
What you will receive as a Systems Engineer:
Attractive salary & benefits package, Pension, 26 days holiday (rising incrementally to 31) You will join a highly skilled team of a prestigious brand, you will have the opportunity (when required) to travel internationally with your product, taking real ownership of what you do demonstrating your passion for engineering.
This position is based in Oxfordshire, and is easily accessible from Oxford, Newbury, Didcot, Harwell etc.
If you are excited by the prospect of joining an international organisation as a Systems Engineer, please apply immediately.