A proactive and committed Supply Chain Engineer is required to play a pivotal role within the Supply Chain department. As Supply Chain Engineer you will be responsible for maintaining and optimising supply-chain systems, also designing and implementing improvements in the supply-chain upstream, internal and downstream physical and information flows based on Lean principles and the organisation best practices.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £45,000 to £48,000, plus a rewarding benefits package.
As a Supply Chain Engineer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Implementing corporate supply-chain best practices in the plant
- Lead or participate in kaizen workshops.
- Works with engineering and logistics to develop and implement optimum flow, storage and layout solutions for new products and changes of process and as continuous improvement for existing flow
- Defines and develops the supply-chain scheme from suppliers to customers: physicals flow, information flows, outbound, inbound, internal plant, always being in contact with Manufacturing project managers and plants
- Builds training modules and lead training actions
To be successful in the role of Supply Chain Engineer, you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Sigma or Lean accreditation would be beneficial in this position
- Computer literacy (SAP, Excel, Access, AutoCAD) – Data analysis
- Excellent working knowledge of lean principles and supply chain tools.
- Good understanding of mechanical engineering principles, including the ability to work with a 3D viewer software
This position is based in Hams Hall and commutable from Sutton Coldfield, Tamworth, Birmingham and Coleshill.
If you are an experienced Supply Chain Engineer seeking a new, fresh challenge in your career, please apply immediately.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.