Supplier Quality & Development Engineer
Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity for a Supplier Quality & Development Engineer to provide support and guidance to the Procurement/operations team in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
Your responsibilities as a Supplier Quality & Development Engineer will include:
- Provide quality support to the supply chain and projects
- Lead performance improvement initiatives
- Provide SQA support to the low Cost manufacturing sites
- Roll out and support the implementation of the clients Zero Defect program to reduce PPM
- Develop the Key suppliers for Low Cost Manufacture
- Develop the Supplier audit plan in line with the Working Assessment of Supplier Performance
- Ensure containment for concerns are implemented & drive root cause, corrective actions via 8D’s & Q Pulse
- Ensure audits are carried out to the schedule
- Strong Quality background within the Aerospace industry and a working knowledge of AS 9100 and AS 9102 is highly desirable.
- Review First Article Inspection Reports to AS 9102 and DVI standards.
- To work closely with other departments to ensure the suppliers provide objective evidence that demonstrates compliance to AS 9100.
- To provide Key business metrics that demonstrates compliance to AS 9100 and customer requirements.
- Ability to analyse nonconforming data and make recommendations for supplier/process improvements.
- Ability to work with the suppliers to manage the Source Transfer programme
- To ensure prompt corrective and preventative action against nonconforming product and external audit actions.
- To support the First Article Inspection programme.
- To support account reviews with the relevant buyer
- To create relevant procedures as part of the continuous improvement programme.
- Proficient in APQP, DFMEA, PFMEA, PPAP, Control Plans, Root Cause analysis.
- Must be familiar with aerospace OE quality requirements.
- Understanding of Calibration systems.
- SAP or similar MRP system experience
To be a successful candidate as a Supplier Quality & Development Engineer you will need:
- BTEC ONC Mechanical Eng
- Aerospace Quality Engineering
- Lead Auditor
- ISO 9001
- AS 9100
- AS 9102
- EASA Part 21 Subpart G
- Good communicator
- Team Player
- Flexible and adaptable
- Courage to challenge
- Highly motivated and ability to work on own or lead continuous improvement activities with Suppliers
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.