Recruit 12 are proud to be seeking a Supplier Development Engineer for a leading Aerospace manufacturer; supplying precision machined components, assemblies and fabrications. Working within the Purchasing and Supply Chain Department, the successful candidate will have proven experienced working within a similar role in aerospace manufacturing. This is a permanent, full time position with an annual salary of £35,000 - £40,000, alongside other company benefits.
As a Supplier Development Engineer, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Proactive engagement with nominated suppliers to manage quality performance
- Supplier development and qualification
- Management of non-conforming parts, including containment, investigation and 8D processes
- Technical liaison between suppliers and the company
- Produce supplier PFMEA and DFMEA
- Process improvement and cost-reduction management
To be successful as a Supplier Development Engineer, you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience within a similar role within the Aerospace industry
- Appropriate technical or engineering qualifications
- Ability to identify and understand supplier manufacturing processes and identify areas of risk and improvement
- Ability to identify process cost savings and implement cost down opportunities
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma as well as project management and process improvement
This position is based in Birmingham and is easily accessible from Sutton Coldfield, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Solihull.
If you are a highly experienced Supplier Development Engineer currently seeking a new career opportunity, please apply immediately.