Principal Control and Software Engineer
Excellent Salary plus benefits package
Recruit 12 have an excellent opportunity for a Principal Control and Software Engineer.
Key to success in this role is to deliver all control and software elements on projects from requirements specification through to concept, design, implementation, development to manufacture, integration, commissioning, delivery, and operation.
Recognised as a world leader in the area of remote handling equipment and specialist robots, our client produces world class solutions that support a much cleaner and safer planet.
As a Principal Control and Software Engineer your responsibilities will include the following:
- Working on various projects, the Principal Control & Software Engineer leads the team in delivering world class technology solutions in complex hazardous environments.
- Taking responsibility for the delivery of C&S aspects of projects, either individually or leading a C&S project team. This includes: specification, design development, design reviews, change management, design risk assessments, implementation, integration, and commissioning.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring all technical decisions have gone through the correct approval routes.
- Assisting the development of testing and commissioning procedures for sub-assemblies and full electro-mechanical systems.
- Ensuring continuous improvement by using tools and processes to reduce engineering lead times, improve quality, reusability, reliability and compliance to standards
- Maintaining knowledge of new technologies and research in the given field
- Ensuring that the Health and Safety Policy, hazard and risk analysis, compliance with CDM and any other regulations are adhered to within the scope of work
- Ensuring that the Quality Policy and procedures are adhered to within the scope of work
To be successful as a Principal Control and Software Engineer, you must:
To be successful in your application, you must have:
- Experience of the full project lifecycle for software controlled electro-mechanical systems.
- Degree or equivalent in engineering, mechanical, science, or related field of study
- Dedicated experience in the design and implementation of control and software systems
- An excellent understanding of a product lifecycle
- More than 5 years’ experience in the design and implementation of control and software systems.
- An excellent understanding of a product life-cycle.
- Advanced knowledge of C&S development tools.
- Previous experience in delivering projects through all stages
- Proficient knowledge (preferably also experience) in many, of the following areas and be prepared to gain knowledge of the others:
OO Software development (all stages) (preferably C++)
PLC and SCADA development (all stages)
Robotics (Forward/inverse kinematics, trajectory generation, control theory)
Motor drive technologies
Real-time software development and OS usage
What you will receive as a Principal Control and Software Engineer:
Attractive salary & benefits package, Pension, 27 days holiday (rising incrementally to 31) You will join a highly skilled team of a prestigious brand, you will have the opportunity (when required) to travel internationally with your product, taking real ownership of what you do demonstrating your passion for engineering.
This position is based in Oxfordshire, and is easily accessible from Oxford, Newbury, Didcot, Harwell etc.
If you are excited by the prospect of joining an international organisation as a Principal Control and Software Engineer, please apply immediately.