Senior Mechanical Engineer with the ability to work bespoke projects with an excellent fundamental mechanical skill set, is required to join an industry leading organisation who are at the forefront of cutting edge machinery.
You must be able to demonstrate a strong ability to workout forces, stresses and calculations in an environment that is varied and not regimented and clear cut
An integral role within the Engineering team, as Senior Mechanical Engineer you will be supporting the delivery of multi discipline remote handling projects.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, some of your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Developing and implementing design management plans
- Experience of activated mechanisms and joints
- Experience with a range of gears and motors
- Interpret designs of mechanisms and calculations of forces
- FEA – overall FEA is not critical but inputs into FEA and hand calculations are critical
- Free body diagram experience
To be successful in your application, you must have:
- Degree or equivalent in engineering, science, or related field
- An excellent working knowledge of scientific and engineering principles and concepts and their application to problem solving
- A dedicated career in mechanical design and manufacture
- Confidence in preparing and supporting presentations
This is a permanent, full time position and in return you will receive a competitive salary and generous benefits.
This position is based in Oxfordshire, and is easily accessible from Oxford, Newbury, Didcot, Harwell etc.
If you are seeking a new career move and believe you meet the specified requirements to be a successful Senior Mechanical Engineer please apply immediately.