Civils Site Manager
£40,000 to £45,000 plus car allowance and additional benefits
Recruit12 Construction has a fantastic opportunity for a Rail Project Manager to join a successful company with a track record of nearly 60 years’ industry experience, including more than 40 years as a rail industry contractor.
Due to the continued growth of the business, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Civils Site Manager to join the Rail Division in Essex.
As a Civils Site Manager your responsibilities will include the following:
- Assisting the Project Manager in the management of the site on a day to day basis.
- Responsibility for managing health, safety and environmental matters including record keeping.
- Preparing and managing safety documentation WPP/TBRA etc.
- Controlling and issuing appropriate permits to work.
- Controlling and monitoring competencies on site.
- Maintaining the site diary, issuing works records, recording extra works inc. site measurements.
- Preparing progress reports.
- Liaising with Project Quantity Surveyor on commercial matters.
- Managing labour, plant and materials on-site in conjunction with the Foreman.
- Preparing timesheets, plant records etc.
- Managing sub-contractors effectively with emphasis on health, safety and quality.
- Liaising with the client, designer, construction consultants etc.
To be successful as a Civils Site Manager, you must have:
- Ideally, a minimum of five years’ construction experience and multi-disciplined in platform & bridge construction embankment stabilizations, deep excavations and general rail-related infrastructure contracts. Together with a good take on design and build contracts.
- Good knowledge and experience of civil engineering work including drainage, tarmac surfacing, paving and structures.
- CIOB/CSCS Manager’s card and skilled and trained in the management of large works overseeing contractors.
- SMSTS certification
- The ability to brief safety information to all site staff.
- The ability to read drawings effectively.
- An awareness of contract programme requirements.
- The ability to work clearly and accurately under pressure and to tight timescales, be reliable and self-motivated.
- Must be computer literate and be able to use email, Word, Excel etc.
- PTS would be advantageous but not essential.
- A full UK driving licence is essential.