Service Delivery Manager
Up to £52,000 plus car or car allowance, bonus, pension
Recruit 12 have an excellent opportunity for a Service Delivery Manager, you will be joining a leading provider in the provision of environmental services.
Reporting to the Contract Manager, the Service Delivery Manager is required to lead, manage and be responsible for the performance of an outsourced, local authority, diverse contract portfolio including employees in environmental, Waste, Recycling and Street & Grounds Cleansing Maintenance, Refuse Collection service provision within a demanding commercial environment.
As a Service Delivery Manager your responsibilities will include the following:
- Overall management of Teams, circa 150 people.
- Ensuring that Waste, Recycling, Collection or Street Cleansing/Grounds Maintenance and Cleansing Operations work within the requirements of the UK waste management legislation and policy; health and safety legislation and regulations.
- Ensure KPI performance requirements are met for the required service.
- Management of employee relations matters is effective for all employee’s during the employee life cycle, the Contract’s compliance with the company operating model, Standard Operating Procedures.
- To develop and maintain effective relationships with all stakeholders.
- Ensure that adequate training is provided for all employees through effective Personal Performance Development Process and ensure compliance with all current legal requirements.
- Be responsible for safeguarding premises, vehicle, plant, materials and equipment against damage, misuse or theft, to include regular inventory audits.
- Proactively liaise and engage with Trade Unions on all aspects of the Service in line with collective agreements, frameworks and the company ways of working.
- At all times must carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to the Company’s policy, organisation and arrangements for Health and Safety at Work.
To be successful as a Service Delivery Manager, you must have:
- Strong leadership skills and previous experience of managing/supervising a team.
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Good-timekeeping, strong organisational skills.
- Good customer service skills, along with excellent communication skills including written word.
- Be able to work in adverse weather conditions.
- The ability to inspect vehicles and recognise defects.
- The ability to understand waste management (in particular what is not required).
- Be able to demonstrate acceptable recent eye examination.
- Hold a valid clean UK driving licence, in the relevant category.
- Be able demonstrate acceptable levels of physical fitness.
- Ideally you will have IOSHH for Managers, Certificate of Professional Competency (Transport Managers); and Keep Britain Tidy – Local Environmental Quality Monitoring (NI 195).
- Successful completion of an in-house driver assessment process that includes knowledge of the equipment and how it operates.
This position is based in East London and is easily accessible from Brentwood, Chingford, Epping, Harlow, Romford, Stratford, Tottenham, Walthamstow, Woodford, Wanstead.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.