Senior Systems Engineer
Excellent Salary plus Benefits
Recruit 12 currently have the opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to deliver all Systems Engineering requirements on VNS-UK projects from requirements specification through to concept, design, implementation, development to manufacture, integration, commissioning, delivery, and operation.
You will be joining an organization that is recognized globally for working collaboratively to produce world-class technology solutions that support a cleaner and safer planet’. It is a leading provider of Remote Handling solutions that are supporting the clean-up of some of the world’s most hazardous environments.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, your main responsibilities will include:
- System functional analysis and system modeling.
- Requirements elicitation and clarification including technical query authoring.
- Requirements decomposition, analysis and management.
- High-level options identification and assessment.
- Interface development and management
- Basis of Design preparation.
- Preparation of subcontract outline technical specifications.
- Verification and validation planning, including test preparation for FAT and commissioning procedures.
- Co-ordination of safety risk management.
- Verification against legislative requirements including CDM and CE Marking.
- Communicate effectively across the engineering and project management teams, working independently
- Apply Systems Engineering approaches to ensure that engineering design and construction is undertaken with clarity of purpose, defined scopes, and interfaces, and is traceable to the requirements.
- Manage the continuous improvement of company procedures, techniques, tools, approaches & training for Systems Engineering.
- Monitor the progress of engineering activities against design quality plans.
- Integrate with the Business Management team to ensure projects and workflows are appropriately prioritised.
To be successful as a Senior Systems Engineer, you must have:
- 5 + years experience in Systems Engineering or a relevant Engineering discipline in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Demonstrate appropriate technical competence in several prioritized skill areas
- Preferably Educated to degree level in an engineering or science discipline relevant to the design and manufacture of machinery.
- More than 5 years experience working in a multi-disciplinary engineering environment delivering projects to external customers
- Experience in system commissioning and integration.
- An excellent understanding of the product lifecycle.
- Excellent working knowledge of Systems Engineering approaches and supporting tools, including, System functional analysis and modelling, Requirements elicitation and clarification, Requirements decomposition, analysis and management, System options identification and assessment, Interface development, Verification and validation
- Extensive experience working in teams.
- Effective communicator across all disciplines and at all levels within a company.
This position is based in Oxfordshire and is easily accessible from Didcot, Abingdon, Faringdon, and Wantage.
If you are excited by the prospect of joining an international organisation as a Senior Systems Engineer, please apply immediately.