Senior Mechanical Engineer
Attractive Salary plus Benefits
Recruit 12 have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to manage the delivery of all mechanical design elements from requirements and specification through to concept, design, implementation, development to manufacture, integration, commissioning, delivery, and operation.
You will be joining an organization that is recognised globally for working collaboratively to produce world-class technical solutions that support a cleaner and safer planet. It is a leading provider of Remote Handling solutions that are supporting the clean-up of some of the world’s most hazardous environments.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Take responsibility for the design delivery of projects including the specification, design development, design reviews including change management and design risk assessments.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring all technical decisions have gone through the correct approval routes.
- Assist in the development of specifications for the Supply Chain team.
- Assisting the development of testing and commissioning procedures for sub-assemblies and full electro-mechanical systems.
- Assist as the technical representative across programme teams, clients and support the sales & marketing organisation
- Mentor and lead other engineering staff as required including involvement with the staff annual appraisal process.
- Ensuring continuous improvement by using tools and processes that reduce engineering lead times, improve quality, reusability, reliability and compliance to standards.
- Maintaining knowledge of new technologies and research in the given field.
To be a successful Senior Mechanical Engineer, you must have:
- Recognised degree level qualification in engineering at a minimum level of 2:1 (Hons).
- More than 5 years experience in the design and implementation of mechanical handling equipment
- An excellent understanding of a product life cycle.
- Ability to lead, train, and mentor staff.
- Ability to explain things in a harmonious way.
- Set an example of professional behavior and attitude at all times.
- Demonstrate the ability to build relationships and work productively in a team.
- Experience of a quality management system as it is applied to an engineering organisation.
- A good awareness of the importance of managing multiple projects, scope and budget, quality, and delivering to time.
- A good understanding of the engineering process for full life cycle delivery including Research and Development
This position is based in Oxfordshire and is easily accessible from Didcot, Abingdon, Faringdon, and Wantage.
If you are excited by the prospect of joining an international organisation as an Senior Engineer, please apply immediately.