Senior Mechanical Designer
Excellent Salary plus Benefits
Recruit12 currently has the opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Designer to join an exciting company that is the leading provider of Remote Handling solutions and is supporting the clean-up of some of the world’s most hazardous environments. This role will join our client's fast-growing nuclear decommissioning & waste management business, by developing and delivering unique, first-of-a-kind robotic technology to our clients across the world.
Recognised as a world leader in the area of remote handling equipment and specialist robots, our client produces world-class solutions that support a much cleaner and safer planet.
As a Senior Mechanical Designer, your main responsibilities will include:
- Take responsibility for the design delivery of projects including the specification, design development, design reviews including change management, and design risk assessments.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring all technical decisions have gone through the correct approval routes.
- Assist in the development of specifications for the Supply Chain team.
- Assisting the development of testing and commissioning procedures for sub-assemblies and full electro-mechanical systems.
- Assist as the technical representative across program teams, clients and support the sales & marketing organization
- Mentor and lead other engineering staff as required
- Ensuring continuous improvement by using tools and processes that reduce engineering lead times, improve quality, reusability, reliability and compliance to standards.
- Maintaining knowledge of new technologies and research in the given field.
- Ensuring that the Quality Policy and procedures are adhered to within the scope of work.
To be successful as a Senior Mechanical Designer, you must have:
- Experience in a Senior Design role within an engineering or manufacturing business.
- Experience in the design, implementation and use of remote handling equipment or the development of robotic equipment
- Experience of working with international clients, primarily in Japan, is beneficial.
- Workforce Management experience
- Recognized degree level qualification in engineering at a minimum level of 2:1 (Hons).
- More than 5 years’ experience in the design and implementation of mechanical handling equipment
- An excellent understanding of a product lifecycle.
- Proficient technical working and practical knowledge of being part of a multi-disciplinary organization.
- Demonstrate good technical competence in engineering management along with a track record of delivering engineering or projects.
- Excellent working knowledge and ability to use Solidworks & PDM as well as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Plant Lifecycle Management Tools and the Google suite.
This position is based in Warrington and is easily accessible from surrounding areas such as Winwick, Croft, Wolston, Padgate, and Birchwood.
If you are excited by the prospect of joining an international organization as a Senior Mechanical Designer, please apply immediately.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.