Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Stourport on Severn
Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to be responsible for the design/development of new products and maintaining the designs, drawings and product documentation of existing group products. Ensuring adherence to the legal compliance of machinery and associated adherence to health and safety legislation.
Your responsibilities as a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you will need:
- To fully understand the new products created and have a good understanding of existing ones such that you are a resource the business can go to for technical information and product application advice. Interacting with Sales when supporting new product adoption and to gain market feedback is key.
- Adherence to agreed timescales and budgets,
- Adherence to the company’s product development procedures and completion of required documents.
- General arrangement and detail drawings in AutoCAD/ Solidworks.
- Generate creative ideas/solutions, and work with those of others, to move the company’s products forward.
- Create, draw and contribute concept ideas for new products and for existing product improvements.
- Deliver successful new product developments on time and on budge
- To support other designers in the department. To ensure they are performing to the levels expected and to support them with your engineering knowledge and experience to enhance their skill set over time.
- To also engage and work with sub contract designers as and when required.
- To arrange manufacture of prototypes through the in house factory or external suppliers and be present and instrumental in their build and test. This will involve yourself and/or your staff undertaking/assisting in prototype builds and first off production units.
- To co-ordinated testing of prototypes to ensure they fulfil the design brief and to document such tests.
- At peak times the Contracts Designers may need some support by taking on some drawing / design activities. This may also be non-project based work which is prioritised by Management. The same level of care and attention must be given to all design/drawing work and therefore treated as above.
- To complete information as required for each projects progress in terms of both technical and financial measures. To be submitted as requested.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist, working within the Automotive, World class manufacturing, Renewable energy and Construction sectors
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.