A fantastic new opportunity has arisen within a global technology centre focussing on New Energy solutions for a Senior Electronics Engineer.
Recognised as a world leader in the area of handling equipment, our client is seeking a Senior Electronics Engineer.
- Technical speciality or leadership of an electrical & electronic team on project delivery.
- Developing the design and low volume manufacture of proprietary electronic systems, including R&D projects.
- Working on various projects, the Electrical & Electronic Engineer assists the project team in delivering world class technology solutions in complex hazardous environments.
- Leading the delivery of electrical & electronic aspects of projects, either individually or as part of a project team. This includes, specification, design development, design reviews, change management, design risk assessments, implementation, integration, and commissioning.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring all technical decisions have gone through the correct approval routes.
- Assisting the development of testing and commissioning procedures for circuits, sub-assemblies and full electro-mechanical systems.
- Ensuring continuous improvement by using tools and processes to reduce engineering lead times, improve quality, reusability, reliability and compliance to standards.
To be successful in your application, you must have:
- Strong technical working and practical knowledge of being part of a multi-disciplinary organisation.
- The experience to support project delivery through all stages from preliminary concept to post-handover support.
- Good presentation of data and written skills especially planning tasks and reporting writing
- Experience in the design of motion control systems
- Experience in design for manufacture
- Experience in the design of machinery safety systems
- Experience of designing for assembly, designing mock-ups, etc.
- A good degree in electrical/electronic engineering
- A Higher National Diploma or a Foundation Degree in engineering or technology, plus appropriate further learning to degree level
- An NVQ4 or SVQ4 which has been approved for the purpose by a licensed professional engineering institution, plus appropriate further learning to degree level AND 10+ years’ engineering experience
- Dedicated experience in the design of electrical or electronics systems.
- Experience with a range of electrical and electronic CAD software
- Understanding of CE Marking requirements for Electrical systems
A good working knowledge of:
- PCB Layout tools ideally Altium or Circuit Studio.
- Any electrical & electronic design software that can be transferred to SEE electrical (SolidWorks Electrical, AutoCad Electrical, Eplan etc)
- 3D CAD especially Solidworks 3D
- An excellent knowledge of electrical & electronic design first principles.
This position is based in Oxfordshire, and is easily accessible from Oxford, Newbury, Didcot, Harwell etc.
This is a permanent, full time position and in return you will receive a competitive salary and generous benefits.
If you are seeking a new career move and believe you meet the specified requirements to be a successful Senior Electronics Engineer please apply immediately.