Senior Electrical Engineer
Excellent Salary plus Benefits
Recruit12 has an opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join an exciting company that is the leading provider of Remote Handling solutions and is supporting the clean-up of some of the world’s most hazardous environments. This role will join our client's fast-growing nuclear decommissioning & waste management business, by developing and delivering unique, first-of-a-kind robotic technology to our clients across the world.
Recognized as a world leader in the area of remote handling equipment and specialist robots, our client produces world-class solutions that support a much cleaner and safer planet.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, your main responsibilities will include:
- Technical specialty or leadership of an electrical team on project delivery
- Working on various projects, the electrical Engineer assists the project teams in delivering world-class technology solutions in complex hazardous environments.
- Using software such as SEE Electrical, Trimble (Amtech) ProDesign, Solidworks 3D & PasCal to support and present design information.
- Leading the delivery of electrical aspects of projects, either individually or as part of a project team. This includes specification, design development, design reviews, change management, design risk assessments, implementation, integration, and commissioning.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring all technical decisions have gone through the correct approval routes.
- Assisting the development of testing and commissioning procedures for sub-assemblies and full electro-mechanical systems.
- Ensuring continuous improvement by using tools and processes to reduce engineering lead times, improve quality, reusability, reliability and compliance to standards.
- Maintaining knowledge of new technologies and research in the given field.
- Ensuring that the Health and Safety Policy, hazard and risk analysis, compliance with CDM, and any other applicable regulations are adhered to within the scope of work.
- Ensuring that the Quality Policy and procedures are adhered to within the scope of work.
- Team leadership, mentoring & coaching of staff independent of project delivery.
To be successful as Senior Electrical Engineer, you must have:
- Be proficient in an electrical Design role within an engineering or manufacturing business. Including areas of specialism, such as machine safety, CE Compliance, motion control, etc.
- Experience in the design, implementation, and use of remote handling equipment or the development of robotic equipment.
- Experience of working with international clients, primarily in Europe and Japan, is beneficial.
- Experience in the design of motion control systems
- Experience in design for manufacture
- Experience in the design of machinery safety systems
- Experience in designing for assembly, designing mock-ups, etc.
- Good working knowledge of Any electrical design software that can be transferred to SEE electrical (SolidWorks Electrical, AutoCAD Electrical, Eplan, etc) and 3D CAD especially Solidworks 3D.
- Degree or equivalent in engineering, science, or related field of study.
- Excellent knowledge of electrical design first principles.
- Membership of the IET; CEng or working towards EC registration.
- An excellent understanding of a product lifecycle.
This position is based in Warrington and is easily accessible from surrounding areas such as Winwick, Croft, Wolston, Padgate, and Birchwood.
If you are excited by the prospect of joining an international organization as a Senior Electrical Engineer, please apply immediately.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.