Senior Electrical Engineer
Attractive Salary plus Benefits
Recruit12 have an excellent opportunity for an Senior Electrical Engineer to deliver all electrical design elements across projects from requirements specification through to concept, design, implementation, development to manufacture, integration, commissioning, delivery, and operation.
You will be joining an organization that is recognised globally for working collaboratively to produce world-class technical solutions that support a cleaner and safer planet’. It is a leading provider of Remote Handling solutions that are supporting the clean-up of some of the world’s most hazardous environments.
As an Senior Electrical Engineer your responsibilities will include the following:
- Working on various projects, the electrical Engineer assists the team in delivering world class technology solutions in complex hazardous environments.
- Using software such as SEE Electrical, Trimble (Amtech) ProDesign & PasCal to support and present design information.
- Contributing to the delivery of electrical aspects of projects, either individually or as part of a project team. This includes the following: specification, design development, design reviews, change management, design risk assessments, implementation, integration, and commissioning.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring all technical decisions have gone through the correct approval routes.
- Assisting the development of testing and commissioning procedures for sub-assemblies and full electro-mechanical systems.
- Ensuring continuous improvement by using tools and processes to reduce engineering lead times, improve quality, reusability, reliability and compliance to standards.
- Maintaining knowledge of new technologies and research in the given field
To be a successful Senior Electrical Engineer you must have:
- Degree or equivalent in engineering, science, or related field of study.
- Excellent knowledge of electrical design first principles.
- Membership of the IET; CEng IEng or working towards EC registration.
- An excellent understanding of a product lifecycle.
- Make rational and timely decisions, whilst setting an example of professional behavior at all times.
- Ability to problem solve
- A good awareness of the principles of a quality management system as it is applied to an engineering organisation, with a focus on electrical QA.
- Be proficient in an electrical Design role within an engineering or manufacturing business. Including areas of specialism, such as machine safety, CE Compliance, motion control, etc.
- Experience in the design, implementation, and use of remote handling equipment or the development of robotic equipment.
- Support project delivery through all stages from preliminary concept to post-handover support.
- Good presentation of data and written skills especially planning tasks and reporting writing
This position is based in Oxfordshire and is easily accessible from Didcot, Abingdon, Faringdon, and Wantage.
If you are excited by the prospect of joining an international organisation as an Senior Electrical Engineer, please apply immediately.