A fantastic new opportunity has arisen within a global technology centre focussing on New Energy solutions for a Senior Electrical Engineer.
Recognised as a world leader in the area of handling equipment, our client is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer.
- Being responsible for large work packages, entire teams and projects
- To be involved in the Remote Handling Electrical and Electronics lifecycle from requirements specifications through to concept, design, and implementation
- To be responsible for managing development to manufacture, integration, commissioning and delivery and operation.
- Ensuring designs and implementations are undertaken safely
- Supporting the build & commissioning teams with implementing the design
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, some of your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Manage and maintain applications of current and developing technology, undertaking engineering design & development.
- Use advanced theoretical knowledge to solve problems in developed and new technologies, creating or using suitable analytical techniques.
- Successfully apply general and specialist engineering knowledge and understanding to deliver projects or services using established and emerging technologies and methods.
- Contribute to technical and project management, including taking responsibility for leading and developing other professional staff.
- Maintain and extend knowledge of current technological developments and requirements impacting the project for the purpose of recommending changes in technologies or applications.
- Review and agree scopes, budgets and schedules for assignments, prepares reports regarding assignments or aspects of the project stream for management review.
To be successful in your application, you must have:
A good degree in electrical engineering
A Higher National Diploma or a Foundation Degree in engineering or technology, plus appropriate further learning to degree level
An NVQ4 or SVQ4 which has been approved for the purpose by a licensed professional engineering institution, plus appropriate further learning to degree level AND 10+ years’ engineering experience
- Dedicated experience in the design of electrical or electronics systems.
- Experience with a range of electrical and electronic CAD software
- Understanding of CE Marking requirements for Electrical systems
This is a permanent, full time position and in return you will receive a competitive salary and generous benefits.
This position is based in Oxfordshire, and is easily accessible from Oxford, Newbury, Didcot, Harwell etc.
If you are seeking a new career move and believe you meet the specified requirements to be a successful Senior Electrical Engineer please apply immediately.