A fantastic new opportunity has arisen within a global technology centre focussing on New Energy solutions for a Senior Electrical Engineer.
Recognised as a world leader in the area of handling equipment, our client is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer.
- Production of electrical designs in support of project delivery. Working individually or as part of a larger team. Managing engineers in the delivery of project designs and documentation. Reporting to senior management and project management.
- Investigation, development and application of appropriate technology / solutions to meet requirements.
- Using software such a SEE Electrical, Amtech & PasCal to support and present design information.
- Reviewing and approving design and build output.
- Ensuring designs and implementations are undertaken safely
- Supporting the build & commissioning teams with implementing the design
This is a permanent, full time position and in return you will receive a competitive salary and generous benefits.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, some of your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Manage and maintain applications of current and developing technology, undertaking engineering design & development.
- Use advanced theoretical knowledge to solve problems in developed and new technologies, creating or using suitable analytical techniques.
- Successfully apply general and specialist engineering knowledge and understanding to deliver projects or services using established and emerging technologies and methods.
- Contribute to technical and project management, including taking responsibility for leading and developing other professional staff.
- Maintain and extend knowledge of current technological developments and requirements impacting the project for the purpose of recommending changes in technologies or applications.
- Review and agree scopes, budgets and schedules for assignments, prepares reports regarding assignments or aspects of the project stream for management review.
To be successful in your application, you must have:
A first degree in electrical engineering
A Higher National Diploma or a Foundation Degree in engineering or technology, plus appropriate further learning to degree level
An NVQ4 or SVQ4 which has been approved for the purpose by a licensed professional engineering institution, plus appropriate further learning to degree level
10+ years’ engineering experience
Familiarity with Engineering design software such as SEE Electrical, Trimble ProDesign (Amtech), AutoCAD, PasCal.
Chartered Membership of the IET
This position is based in Oxfordshire, and is easily accessible from Oxford, Newbury, Didcot, Harwell etc.
If you are seeking a new career move and believe you meet the specified requirements to be a successful Senior Electrical Engineer please apply immediately.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.