Senior Development Engineer
Up to £48,000
Recruit12 are currently offering an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Development Engineer to join a highly respected, worldwide organisation by working on a range of exciting technical development projects within the wider development team.
As a Senior Development Engineer, your main responsibilities will include the following:
- All aspects of development and testing for their project/work to ensure production introduction is successfully achieved.
- Plan and implement test programs leading towards machine development and Engineering Sign Off.
- Planning and implementing daily/medium-term development and workshop priorities.
- Technical liaison with other departments and outside suppliers.
- Control and maintenance of development records.
- Machine and component testing.
- Technical support for the product group.
- Assumes responsibility for all development issues in the absence of the Test/Development Manager / Principal Development Engineer.
- Assist in recruitment, training, and appraisal of development staff
- Acts as a mentor to develop new Development staff
- Validating hardware designs and changes
- Set-up and maintenance of development and validation rigs
To be successful as a Senior Development Engineer, you must have:
- Familiarity with test processes for heavy-duty machinery / off-highway equipment.
- Experience in engineering software tools such as CANalyser is desirable.
- Writing and developing test requirements and specifications.
- Knowledge of off-road vehicle legislation and standards.
- HND or similar in engineering, science, or similar
- Experience in system analysis and problem-solving methods such as FME A / 8D
- Deliver projects from concept through to production in an automotive, off-road/heavy-duty vehicles environment
- Self-starting and the ability to make things happen
- Demonstrate a sound grasp of engineering principles
- Well-developed analytical skills – rigorous but pragmatic
- The driver of continuous process improvement
- Good interpersonal skills – a communicator and consensus-builder
- Capable of a high standard of technical writing
What you will receive as a Senior Development Engineer:
An attractive salary of up to £48,000 plus an excellent benefits package such as Pension, Bupa Private Medical, Cycle to Work Scheme, Subsided Workwear, Enhanced Maternity, and Sick Pay.
This position is based in Staffordshire and can be easily accessed by areas such as Stafford, Tamworth, Lichfield and other surrounding areas.
If you are excited by the prospect of becoming a Senior Development Engineer, then please apply immediately.