A fantastic new opportunity has arisen within a global technology centre focussing on New Energy solutions for a Senior Control and Software Engineer.
We are looking for a Senior Control and Software Engineer to deliver all control and software elements on projects from requirements specification through to concept, design, implementation, development to manufacture, integration, commissioning, delivery, and operation.
As a Senior Control and Software Engineer, some of your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Working on various projects, the Control & Software Engineer assists the team in delivering world class technology solutions in complex hazardous environments.
- Taking responsibility for the delivery of C&S aspects of projects, either individually or leading a C&S project team. This includes: specification, design development, design reviews, change management, design risk assessments, implementation, integration, and commissioning.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring all technical decisions have gone through the correct approval routes.
- Assisting the development of testing and commissioning procedures for sub-assemblies and full electro-mechanical systems.
- Ensuring continuous improvement by using tools and processes to reduce engineering lead times, improve quality, re-usability, reliability and compliance to standards
- Maintaining knowledge of new technologies and research in the given field
- Ensuring that the Health and Safety Policy, hazard and risk analysis, compliance with CDM and any other regulations are adhered to within the scope of work
- Ensuring that the Quality Policy and procedures are adhered to within the scope of work
To be successful in your application, you must have:
- Degree or equivalent in engineering, mechanical, science, or related field of study
- Dedicated experience in the design and implementation of control and software systems
- An excellent understanding of a product lifecycle
- More than 5 years’ experience in the design and implementation of control and software systems.
- An excellent understanding of a product life-cycle.
- Advanced knowledge of C&S development tools.
- Previous experience in delivering projects through all stages
- Proficient knowledge (preferably also experience) in many, of the following areas and be prepared to gain knowledge of the others:
OO Software development (all stages) (preferably C++)
PLC and SCADA development (all stages)
Robotics (Forward/inverse kinematics, trajectory generation, control theory)
Motor drive technologies
Real-time software development and OS usage
This position is based in Oxfordshire, and is easily accessible from Oxford, Newbury, Didcot, Harwell etc.
This is a permanent, full time position and in return you will receive a competitive salary and generous benefits.
If you are seeking a new career move and believe you meet the specified requirements to be a successful Senior Control and Software Engineer please apply immediately.