Base salary up to £55,000 plus benefits
Recruit12 have a new opportunity for a Senior Buyer to join a widely respected organisation, by supporting the purchasing and MP&L teams in ordering material required for all jobs and scheduling the work through the facility ensuring customer demands are met.
As a Senior Buyer, your main responsibilities will include the following:
- Obtain and analyse quotes to determine best value.
- Recommend global sourcing solutions based on data and facts collected.
- Understand the business and product needs for pricing and sourcing and ensure that sourcing recommendations align within those parameters.
- Establish and execute strategy for assigned commodity.
- Formulate annual business plans for achievement of cost reductions and year over year performance improvement.
- Manage and negotiate supply agreements that require improvements in suppliers’ cost, delivery, quality, order lead time, payment cycles, technology, and/or risk mitigation.
- Initiate renegotiation efforts well in advance of contract expiration, and monitors industry trends to anticipate opportune timing to lock in contracting advantages.
- Be familiar with key cost drivers and industry related events to assigned category.
- Monitor performance of the suppliers to ensure attainment of objectives in quality, delivery, service and cost.
- Coordinate supplier selection and leads supplier transitions.
- Monitors compliance with supplier contractual requirements.
- Identifies opportunities for global leverage of volumes and purchasing power.
- Ensure and monitor the results and contribution, of the assigned commodity, to departmental and corporate objectives.
- Presents special assignments results, project updates and such to management as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
To be successful as a Senior Buyer, you must have:
- Strong experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ideally have a Bachelor’s degree in purchasing, business, engineering, operations or other related area.
- Well-rounded experience preferred in as many of the following areas: program management, manufacturing engineering, process engineering, product engineering, applications engineering, quality, sales and purchasing.
- Good understanding of purchasing techniques and objectives and an ability to execute sourcing strategies.
- Good understanding of APQP and program management techniques.
- Ability to successfully function in a matrix style of management, managing a variety of cross-functional team members.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills; competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making; and shows aggressiveness when completing assignments and other responsibilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project software.
- An understanding of financial analysis concepts and budget management.
- Must be willing to travel extensively and work non-normal business hours.
This position is based in Devon and is easily accessible from surrounding areas such as Devon, Paignton, Exeter, and other surrounding areas.
If the position as a Senior Buyer position excites you, then please apply immediately.