Senior Architectural CAD Technician
Salary £35,000 to 50,000 depending on experience
Recruit12 Construction has a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Architectural CAD Technician to join an award-winning expert in, Brand Repositioning, Strategic Reviews, Branding, Brand Development, Architecture, and Interior Design within the hospitality industry.
The company has over 30-years of creating commercially successful local and global brands, whilst ensuring that our guest experiences are practical, sales optimized, groundbreaking, and inspirational, With decades, spent working in hospitality interior design!
working from Sutton Coldfield Interior Design office for restaurants, pubs, and hospitality sectors
As a Senior Architectural CAD Technician reporting into the Design Team Leader and working closely with the Creative Director and the Creative Founder/CEO your responsibilities will include the following:
- To maintain construction standards and related processes in order to sustain the company’s credibility in the technical aspect of our work with the client.
- To develop your understanding of the companies design culture by working with other members of the team and company.
- To be responsible, in conjunction with senior team members, for the building design and detailing, local authority negotiation, liaison with other consultants, liaison with client, and overall team accountability in these areas.
- To produce CAD drawings as specified by your Team Manager, complying with the company’s methods, numbering, and filing system, and to the standards expected.
- To work, with other team members, on the budgetary control of projects.
- To work with other team members in the development of projects from briefing to completion, liaising with the Team Manager (and the Senior Designer where appropriate) agreeing with team members their specific tasks and responsibilities on a project by project basis.
- To assist in supervising works on site, with a senior team member acting as a principal supervising officer, as instructed by your Team Manager.
- Assist Senior Technicians on key projects where multiple input is required on a project.
- Develop your skills in client liaison in order that you may aid with client development and negotiate with local authority consultants, other consultants, and contractors.
- Develop your understanding of the processes required for site supervision and for the associated man-management skills.
- To assist in the training and development of Junior Technicians, supervising their work and aiding with skill growth.
- Ongoing development of the implementation of CAD products in order to increase the productivity and efficiency of the practice.
- Share skills and knowledge company-wide.
To be successful as a Senior Architectural CAD Technician, you must have:
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in hospitality design
- Excellent presentation, conceptual and visualizing skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- On-site experience
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment to tight deadlines
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Strong and confident client communication skills