An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Sales & Estimating Engineer to join a fast-paced manufacturing environment for a Tier 1 Automotive Manufacturer supplier. The successful candidate will possess a sound understanding of the processes and equipment associated with machining and joining techniques for tubular assemblies. This is a full time, permanent position offering an annual salary of £35,000 - £40,000.
As a Sales & Estimating Engineer, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- The production of accurate cost estimations
- Identifying and establishing new business; negotiating contracts along with terms and conditions
- Preparation of tenders, proposals and quotations
- Provide support and technical advice to customers
- Undertaking technical purchasing activities to ensure the most cost effective sourcing of raw materials
- Interfacing with customers on both sales and engineering issues
To be successful as a Sales & Estimating Engineer, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience within a similar role working within an Automotive or Aerospace
- Knowledge of the processes and manufacturing techniques associated with low volume tubular assemblies
- Experience negotiating contracts
- Proven track record establishing new business and agreeing terms
- A good all-round engineering knowledge
- Qualified to a minimum of HNC level
This position is based in Oldbury, and is easily accessible from Birmingham, Dudley and West Bromwich.
If you are currently seeking a new career and believe you meet the requirements to be a successful Sales & Estimating Engineer, please apply immediately.