Rail Project Manager
Initially based in Hornsey
£50,000 to £60,000 plus car allowance and additional benefits
Recruit12 Construction has a fantastic opportunity for a Rail Project Manager to join a successful company with a track record of nearly 60 years’ industry experience, including more than 40 years as a rail industry contractor.
Working from the companies Rail division will you will be a Rail Project Manager with a proven track record in platform & bridge construction embankment stabilizations, deep excavations and general rail-related infrastructure contracts with experience in managing civil programmes, demonstrating your ability to build and maintain multiple relationships.
As a Rail Project Manager your responsibilities will include the following:
- To manage the delivery of high profile projects within the constraints of agreed budget, programme and quality criteria, ensuring successful outcomes are achieved. You will be directly accountable for the delivery and provide leadership of project teams to ensure that our service delivery meets customer expectations.
- You will take responsibility for the success, safety, quality, environmental, delivery and commercial and programme compliance of all contracts in your control. Providing effective leadership to health & safety matters by actively promoting health & safety awareness and ensuring the provision of safe working practices.
- To provide accurate management information to Contract Manager/Project Quantity Surveyor as required.
To be successful as a Rail Project Manager, you must have:
- We are seeking candidates able to demonstrate a high level of project management, who can ensure delivery to time and budget on Rail Civil & Building Projects.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills in order to effectively ascertain customers’ needs and perceptions and balance stakeholder demands.
- JCT and NEC contract experience.
- Experience in working with Train Operating Companies, NWR & third party clients
- Experience of possession working.
- To be commercially aware.
- Have a working knowledge of Network Rail Standards and procedures.
- Effectively manage direct labour, sub-contractors, plant hire and material ordering.
- Proven record of project management and contract management to enable successful delivery of Mid to Large - scale, complex and demanding projects.
- Have a working knowledge of current programming software.
- Preparation of safety documentation as required: CPP/WPP/TBRA/COSHH assessments etc.
- To work clearly and accurately at times under pressure and to tight timescales with the ability to think logically and laterally.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Well versed with the NWR design process.
- Experience with temporary works procedures.