Recruit12 Construction has a fantastic opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join a well-established family-run construction company, that specialise in the creation of high-quality turnkey facilities in partnership with some of the UK’s leading developers, occupiers, retailers, and logistics businesses.
The role is to support the day-to-day running of projects, ensuring that best commercial practices are maintained and that the financial and profitability of the job are maximized.
As a Quantity Surveyor your responsibilities will include the following:
- Collating information for monthly reporting (CVR)
- Dealing with any pricing variations
- Responsible for project changes and variations
- Keeping accurate records of work on site
- Effective commercial management of onsite activities and change management process
- Support of Supply chain partners' assessment and payment
- Prepare subcontractor's appointment and proposal documents
- Producing subcontractor instruction/variation reports
- Preparing final account with subcontractors
- Assisting project team with financial implications of site progress decisions
To be successful in the position of Quantity Surveyor, you will need the following:
- Experience working on Industrial/Logistics projects would be advantageous
- A degree in Quantity Surveying (or currently undertaking qualification for trainee positions) Ambition and drive
- Self-motivation and pro-activity
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Good organizational skills
- The ability to meet strict deadlines
- Good negotiation skills
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- The ability to drive would be beneficial as the role is site-based
- To work to the Company’s quality standards and performance criteria
- Co-operate on matters of health and safety and follow the training provided. Take reasonable care of personal and other people’s health and safety at all times
- Ensure that department operations are conducted in accordance with the Company’s Health & Safety policy. Ensure suitable and sufficient risk assessments are conducted considering both staff and non-staff and introduce measures to reduce the risks to as low a level as reasonably practical
- Encourage and support your team in enhancing their performance by providing direction, regular feedback, and development opportunities
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Construction, Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.