Attractive salary + Benefits package
Recruit12 Construction has a fantastic opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join a leading Civil Engineering and Construction company.
Due to continuing success and growth of their Civil Engineering team, they have a fantastic new opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor (QS). Working as a QS on major water infrastructure projects across England. You will play a key role within the team in delivering quality and value for money projects to clients.
As a Quantity Surveyor your responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage the subcontractor appointment process.
- Preparation of tenders, cost estimates and quotations within client deadlines.
- Preparation of value engineering proposals to reflect Client budgetary requirements.
- Preparation of cost, value, and reconciliation monthly reports on each assigned project.
- Manage money recovery in accordance with the agreed terms and conditions
- Coordinate with Clients, Sub-Contractors, Suppliers to ensure information; costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of each project through to final accounts.
- Manage sub-contractor's account in strict accordance with their terms and conditions to meet project demands/timeframes.
- Visits on site to view works completed, quality and management of costs.
- To undertake any other duties as allocated.
To be successful as a Quantity Surveyor, you must have:
- The ability to prioritise and work within set deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build and improve effective internal and external working relationships.
- Third level degree qualification in Quantity Surveying or a related construction discipline with 2 -10 years’ experience ideally in Civil Engineering, Water or Wastewater.
- Sound estimation skills with negotiation experience of confirming, agreeing, and pricing variations.
- Sound knowledge of construction contracts in particular NEC3/NEC4.
- Full clean driving license.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.