£35,000 to £50,000 plus Car Allowance
Recruit12 Construction has a fantastic opportunity for enthusiastic Quantity Surveyor to join our commercial team reporting to the Commercial Manager and Operations Director.
Key to success is to build excellent working relationships with the various stakeholders to ensure that company deliver superb projects that protect and further enhance our reputation.
You will ensure that project deadlines are met, and relay important project information as needed.
To be successful as the Quantity Surveyor, you should demonstrate exceptional skills and talent in building strong personal relationships. You will also have the experience in managing and administering complex contracts. A comprehensive knowledge of Commercial & Construction Methods is essential.
A proactive and personable temperament will enhance the liaising with the clients and the companies Sales and Construction team and will prevent construction delays and unnecessary/additional costs.
Top three goals
- Ensure Contracts are administered correctly to reduce contractual, commercial, and financial risk.
- Ensure all Commercial opportunities are realized and that all variations are priced within target timescales
- Ensure Gross Profit is maintained or improved from the Budget Estimate
As a Quantity Surveyor your responsibilities will include the following:
- The Quantity Surveyor manages the client’s needs through constant liaison with the various client and the companies project teams. Key to success is through meeting clients to determine their needs and discuss any areas that need revising for price or feasibility
- Protecting the project progress through having a detailed understanding of the projects demands and costs
- Preparing tender and contract documents including Bills of Quantities
- Calculating material quantities and costs, labour costs and an achievable project timeframe
- Negotiating labour contracts and schedules
- Advising clients and the team members on legal matters and disputes
- Monitoring subcontractors, safety practices, construction progress and material need, including any changes which may impact costs
- Preparing labour and supplier accounts for payment
- Writing reports detailing costs and progress
- Cashflow forecasts
- Invoicing & Payment Certification
- They will also spend a good part of their time developing and implementing the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinating with the Sales Team on new and upcoming projects so that they are scheduled well in advance to optimise best procurement practice
- Reporting any concerns that might negatively impact projected cost and time estimates
To be successful as a Quantity Surveyor, you must have:
- Monitor costs and gross profit margins within and across projects
- Monthly commercial reviews, monitoring, and reports
- Assess client satisfaction
- Compare commercial performance within and across projects
- Full driving license, preferably clean
- Bachelor's degree in quantity surveying or similar
- 5+ years of experience in construction and/or project management for a Contractor
- Proven contract management and supplier experience
- Experience of building strong relationships with clients and external contacts to encourage future working and influence outcomes
- Proven awareness and experience of what is happening in the industry, actively looking for new opportunities to win new work – attending networking or corporate events as appropriate
- Proven experience in setting, managing, and changing budgets in line with business needs
- Proven track record of driving continuous quality improvements.
- Clear evidence of the ability to research, interpret and summarise complex information in a way that is relevant and easily understood both orally and in writing to a variety of audiences
- Proven experience working to and achieving tight deadlines in high pressure situations
- Clear understanding of construction methods and technology
- A flair for analysis, troubleshooting and problem solving
- Good accurate record keeper
- Leadership skills
- Good IT skills; including familiarity with a range of applications
- Organisational and time management skills
- Well-developed organisational and project management skills
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Excellent time management
- Be good a communicator with people at all levels of the organisation
- Exceptional interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Exceptional listening and questioning skills
- Analytical and logical problem-solving skills, with the ability to think outside the box.
- Innate commercial acumen.
- Proactive person with passion to keep Sapphire always protected yet maintaining a customer focus
- Methodical way of thinking
- Highly organised
- An eye for detail
- Preparedness and ability to provide accurate and punctual reports as required by management
- Someone who is determined to deliver on their promises, use their initiative, gives and accepts appreciation, is willing to learn, and keen to support others rather than pass the buck or blame
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Construction, Automotive, Aerospace, and World-Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.