Salary Negotiable + Benefits Package
Recruit12 Construction has a fantastic opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join a housebuilding contractor at their Coleshill office, Specifically, you will be running as commercial lead on an exciting development in Shropshire. As the Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for undertaking and for all commercial aspects required as a site-based Quantity Surveyor, my client would look for you to form strong relationships with the respective Project Manager, Site Managers, and Design team.
As a Quantity Surveyor your responsibilities will include the following:
- Ensure that the contracts achieve the optimum cash flow position.
- Completion and compliance with required contract documentation including performance bonds, parent company guarantees, and warranties.
- Ensure that all contract documentation and sub-contract documentation is completed and forwarded to the department head / MQS for authorization and storage.
- Compliance with commercial and company procedures through the business management system.
- Presenting and agreeing on the external valuation with the client’s representative.
- Pricing and agreeing to variations with the client’s representative.
- Prepare and manage key and large risk subcontract accounts from inception to final accounts.
- Ensure the procurement of sub-contractors is in line with the client's system and that the packages cover the scope of the works.
- Control, monitor, and improve commercial processes and deliver the objectives and targets for the contract teams.
- Preparing monthly CVR & VCA reports for presentation to the business unit management.
- Monitoring risk and opportunity schedules and managing risk from commencement to completion.
- Provide input and cost and value engineering advice throughout the design life of the scheme and attend design team meetings.
- Ensure a proactive approach to dispute avoidance.
To be successful as a Quantity Surveyor, you must have:
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- Proven experience in a similar role within the housing industry
- Demonstrable strong account management and commercial experience.
- Strong team player, with the entrepreneurial ability to operate and excel in a changing on-site environment.
- Well-developed analytical, oral and presentation/communication skills
- Degree qualified preferable.
- Professional membership of MCIOB or RICS preferable or working towards such qualification.
- Ensuring Health and Safety is of paramount importance