Recruit 12 are currently seeking a Quality Engineer for a leading Aerospace manufacturer; supplying precision machined components, assemblies and fabrications. Working within their Engineering & Product Quality Department, the successful candidate will have proven experienced working within a similar role in aerospace manufacturing. This is a permanent, full time position with an annual salary of £40,000 - £45,000, alongside other company benefits.
As a Quality Engineer, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Ensure all products and processes adhere to required quality standards
- Develop practical and cost effective inspection methodologies
- Create and control relevant Quality documentation
- Participate in the problem solving process
- Development of continuous improvement through supporting LEAN techniques
- Participate in internal and external audits
To be successful as a Quality Engineer, you will need to demonstrate:
- Previous experience working within an Aerospace manufacturing and machining environment
- Understanding of LEAN manufacturing concepts and techniques
- Familiar working to AS9100 and ISO9001
- Working understanding of APQP, PPAP and PFMEA
- Experience preparing FAIRS
- Results driven with a focused yet flexible approach
- Excellent oral and written communication
This position is based in Birmingham and is easily accessible from Sutton Coldfield, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Solihull.
If you are currently seeking a role as a Quality Engineer, and believe you meet the specified requirements, please apply immediately.