Excellent salary plus benefits
Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer to ensure the quality of the parts produced at the plant meets all customer expectations; quickly and effectively take action when non-conformances are found. Maintain the most recent interpretations of the quality system requirements and ensure that documented practices meet the true understanding of the quality management system standards.
Your responsibilities as a Quality Engineer will include:
- Collaborate with the customers’ quality and engineering personnel to determine critical part features and review manufacturability of design. Make recommendations to modify customer part specifications and tolerances as necessary to support cost effective production.
- Provide engineering support to operations ensuring consistent application of quality techniques
- Resolve quality issues of capability, tolerancing, and materials related issues.
- Resolve quality issues by identifying problems, examining solution options, implementing action plans, and providing resources.
- Effectively communicate and reinforce company’s commitment to quality improvement efforts
- Develop and submit PPAP documents for engineering changes and new product launches to meet customer requirements.
- Determine when process stability and capability studies should be performed on existing processes. Review and analyze results. Recommend changes to processes based upon findings and perform follow up to verify effectiveness.
- Lead the Advanced Product Quality Planning activities for the plant to determine appropriate use of existing and new measurement systems during new tool or process design and startup.
- Coordinate pre-launch production trial run process monitoring.
- Participate in the development of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Maintain Control Plans and FMEA's throughout the life of the part.
- Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action.
- Perform duties in accordance with quality system requirements as the voice of the customers.
- Coordinate with Sales, Purchasing, Engineering, and Production to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Lead PPM improvement plan for strategic customers.
- Apply appropriate use of statistical techniques.
- Determine and apply appropriate Measurement System Analysis tools.
- Responsible for annual product and process validation
- Recommend and implement enhancements to the quality system that result in improved corporate quality performance, increased customer satisfaction, and/or simplification of processes to reduce costs.
- Ensure readiness for all internal and external quality audits (TS16949/ ISO 9001)
- Develop the annual audit plan, train internal audit team members, perform necessary duties as Lead Internal Auditor and provide ongoing communication/reporting of results.
- Assist with the coordination of external 3rd party registration/surveillance audits
To be a successful candidate as a Quality Engineer you will need:
- 3+ years prior Quality Engineering experience in manufacturing with customer interface
- Manufacturing training in quality techniques
- Proficiency using tools such as ISO 9001 or IATF 16949, FMEA, APQP, PPAP, MSA etc.
- Experience in an automotive / off-highway manufacturing environment working with new product development
- Familiarity with manufacturing Process Flow, Corrective Action Process, and Problem Solving Methodologies (e.g. 8d, Cause-and-Effect-Diagram, 5-Why, PDCA) and statistical methods is required.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience in an automotive environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel data management, analysis and transfer) a plus
- Experience in working with internal and external customers (from operational point of view)
- A good follow through and the ability to drive implementation of ideas is essential.
- The candidate must have excellent inter-personal skills and be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of problem solving tools (e.g. Cause-and-Effect-Diagram, 5-Why, PDCA) and statistical methods is required.
- Candidate must have a proven track record of delivering results in a team oriented environment.
- Must be able to work extra hours when necessary.
- Fluent in English, any additional languages a plus.
- Ability to work in an international environment
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist, working within the Automotive, World class manufacturing, Renewable energy and Construction sectors
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.