Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer to be responsible for ensuring that the products produced meet quality standards required to minimise quality costs and maximise customer satisfaction whilst ensuring that procedures and processes have been adhered to.
Your responsibilities as a Quality Engineer will include:
- Developing and Implementing Quality Standards
- Developing and Implementing Quality Control Systems including Procedures and Process
- Monitoring and Analysing Quality Performance including reporting of Key Performance Indicators for Quality including, Customer Performance, Scrap/Rework, Cost of Quality
- Strong knowledge of pareto analysis
- Inspecting and Testing materials, equipment, process and products
- Collaborating with management team to develop and implement controls and improvements
- Investigate and troubleshooting product and process issues.
- Developing corrective actions, solutions and improvements
- Provide Quality training for all levels of the business.
- Lead and Carry out Process, Product and System Audits in line with system schedules
- Lead and/or support group of technicians and BIQ inspectors across the plant
- Support the Quality Stream for APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) within NPI, (New Product Introduction).
- Support the PPAP elements (Control plan, PFMEA’s, Process flow charts, Dimensional reports, SPC etc) for projects and if required existing production areas.
- Support the construction and sign off for all SOP’s (Standard Operation Procedures) for all aspects of the process
- Ensure processes conforms to ISO 9001:2015 standard to ensure full integration into the business quality management system
- Timely and detailed communication with the customer when required.
- Material traceability and allocation where required
- Participate in CI initiatives where required
- Quality gauge requirements and reviews when applicable.
- Set up and control PDI (BIQ) quality process
- Ensure focus on health and safety is maintained whilst conducting given tasks
- Any other tasks as reasonably requested.
To be a successful candidate as a Quality Engineer you will need:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a quality related function or similiar
- A recognised qualification or equivalent in a technical subject
- Ability to understand engineering drawings and specifications
- Understanding of quality systems/disciplines, i.e. 8D, 5Y’s Ishikawa etc.
- Understanding of ISO9001:2015 and/or IATF16949
- Good understanding of APQP, PPAP, NPI
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- Possess ability to build sound business working relationships at all levels.
- Organised and self-disciplined.
- Project Management Skills.
- Ability to motivate others and work collaboratively to drive change to achieve success.
- Act in a team-oriented fashion which optimises benefits to the business as a whole.
- Ability to think quickly and solve problems.
- Fully conversant with M.S. Office particularly, Excel & Word
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Positive flexible attitude.
- Supports and drives continuous improvement ethos.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.