Recruit 12 have an excellent opportunity for a Quality Engineer to promote the continuous improvement of systems and processes throughout the company.
As a Quality Engineer your responsibilities will include the following:
- To ensure the involvement of the Quality function in APQP processes for new product introduction and potential future product quality concerns that are highlighted are escalated and resolved
- To control and co-ordinate customer quality approval submissions (PPAP/PSW/AAR etc).
- To control and co-ordinate the companies applications and approvals while ensuring the companies continued audit success.
- To be aware of current and new requirements for TS16949 and ISO14001 management systems and any relevant customer specific system requirements
- To conduct internal audits to ensure shop floor processes for compliance while assisting in developing proactive improvement measures when required.
- To contribute to the ongoing development of internal systems and procedures to improve product quality and reduce quality costs within the company
- To promote close contact with shop floor operations from the Quality function and strong awareness of internal process concerns and corrective actions
- To promote the application of single point lessons and the sharing of problem countermeasures across the business to maximise the benefit of lessons learned and drive proactive quality improvements
- To participate with visits to our customer’s sites and customer visits while building strong working relationships with the appropriate key customer contacts.
- To act as the independent voice of the customer within the company and make appropriate judgements on quality matters on behalf of the customer
- To lead problem solving activities and promote the application of structured problem solving tools (8D working and Practical Problem Solving)
- To ensure that investigations for customer quality concerns are timely, involve the appropriate staff, determine true root cause and have appropriate countermeasures developed.
- To ensure effective communication to customers in all aspects of quality related activities
- To ensure all customer expectations for communication and problem responses are met including timely use of customer communication portals.
- To manage Customer Portals and daily provide feedback to the Quality Manager of issues.
- To weekly report using the process set up to the Management Team on the Cost of Quality.
To be successful as a Quality Engineer, you must have:
- Relevant experience in a similar role
- HND or Degree level qualified in relevant subject.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.