An efficient and motivated Quality Engineer is required to join a renowned manufacturer of components for the automotive industry. As a Quality Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring total Customer Satisfaction of both Internal & External Customers, through prompt attention to concerns, identification of Root Cause and instigation of Permanent Corrective Action.
The successful candidate will join the team on a permanent basis, receiving an annual salary of £35,000.
As a NPI Quality Engineer, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Management of Customer, Supplier & internal concerns utilising disciplined problem-solving techniques.
- Liaison with Customers, Suppliers and Internal Stakeholders on quality concerns. This may require UK and some overseas travel.
- Management of Containment activities and costs, to achieve best service at best cost.
- Conduct QMS, Product & Process audits internally and within Supply base.
- Support NPI Team activity by completing Quality led activities.
- To ensure that all Quality, Environment, and Health and Safety legislation are adhered to
- To ensure all department procedures are adhered to
- To maintain a high standard of housekeeping and cleanliness in the department
- Consistently identify opportunities for improvement within the department and record all improvements
To be successful as a Quality Engineer, you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Qualified to HND level or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years automotive background, IATF16949 QMS knowledge, 8D problem solving ability, Core Tools trained, Customer & Supplier involvement requiring excellent written and verbal skills, full UK driving licence.
- Lean/Six Sigma background and/or IATF16949 Auditor qualification would be advantageous.
- GD&T and Metal Forming processes knowledge.
This role is based in Birmingham and is easily accessible from Coventry, Black Country and Worcestershire
If you are currently seeking a new career as a Quality Engineer within a dynamic manufacturing environment, and believe you meet the specified requirements, please apply immediately.
the specified requirements, please apply immediately.