A leading automotive manufacturing firm is currently seeking a Quality Engineer located in Dudley. As Quality Engineer you will be responsible for dealing with customer and supplier issues, generating documentation for sample submission to customers, and documenting all problem solving activities. Generating internal operator instructions for all processes, and documentation to comply with quality system requirements.
This is a permanent, full time position and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £35,000 per annum, plus pension scheme.
As a Quality Engineer, some of your duties and responsibilities will be:
- To liaise with customers on a regular basis making site visits as and when required.
- Implementation of automotive quality standards
- Co-ordinate QC/QA activities, inspections, measurement, capability analysis SPC
- Ensure customer problem resolution activities, including costs for materials, labour, and time relating to customer issues via PPS / 8D process and on customer required documentation.
- Ability to chair continuous improvement meetings in liaison with departmental manager
- Be a part of PFMEA teams
- Uphold the standards of ISO14001/IATF16949
- Take responsibility for the management of co-ordination of supplier parts through the quarantine area and any subsequent activities
- Achieve a high standard of housekeeping and environmental awareness at all times
- Always working within Health and Safety guidelines
- Responsible for warranty and field analysis reviews
To be successful as a Quality Engineer you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Graduate in engineering discipline
- Excellent problem solving skills
- VDA 6.3 Process Auditor Qualification
- Good understanding of ISO14001/IATF16949
- Working knowledge of SPC and its implementation
- A proven methodical approach to problem solving
- Good understanding of APQP elements
- Experience of First Tier Supply to major OEM
This position is based in Dudley, and is easily accessible for West Bromwich, Wolverhampton and Birmingham.
If you are seeking a new career move and believe you meet the specified requirements to be a successful Quality Engineer please apply immediately.