A proactive and committed Quality Engineer is required to play a pivotal role within the Quality department. This is a plant based role and you will actively ensure a timely closure of issues through robust 8D methodologies. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £40000 - £45,000, plus a rewarding benefits package.
As a Quality Engineer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Review internal and external 8D’s ensuring integrity of information and system preventions actions have been completed i.e. control plan, FMEA, SOP etc. have been completed.
- Lead 8D processes ensuring participants follow the prescribed 8D disciplines
- Ensure management system and procedures are adhered to within each manufacturing department (e.g. IATF16949)
- Assist in process audit activities
- Provide coaching for all areas where required
- Liaise with production on all process changes and coordinate with the customer any PSW requirements
To be successful in the role of Quality Engineer, you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Minimum of HNC in a relevant engineering discipline and/or relevant industry experience within 1st Tier Automotive
- Understanding of Management Systems IAFT16949, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 and specific automotive quality standards
- Clear understanding of quality tools such as FMEA, Control plan, MSA, LSA, AAR, SPC etc.
- Proven problem solver with full understanding of structured problem solving techniques.
- Full understanding of 6 sigma methodology
This position is based in Hams Hall and commutable from Sutton Coldfield, Tamworth, Birmingham and Coleshill.
If you are an experienced Quality Engineer seeking a new, fresh challenge in your career, please apply immediately.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.