Quality Assurance Engineer
Up to £45,000
Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance Engineer to be Overall responsible for the Supplier quality performance activities. Leading the Supplier quality functional activity and working closely with Procurement to develop a supply chain that is fit for purpose and delivering conforming product on time, every time.
Your responsibilities as a Quality Assurance Engineer will include:
- Lead supplier Quality Assurance activities within the supply chain including developing the process audit and surveillance visits plan; PPAP activities, etc.in order to ensure that supplier components and assemblies meet the demanding programme quality and schedule requirements.
- Lead all activities associated with specific non-conforming product containment incidents, identifying root causes and ensuring robust and rigorous problem resolution utilising such techniques as 8D, 5-Why, Ishikawa, etc.
- Ensure the management of supplier concerns are concluded in a timely manner including verification and implementation of corrective actions.
- Developing and implementing a supplier performance monitoring system to drive continual improvement in the supply chain.
- Work closely with procurement and the supply base to develop improvement plans and deliver performance improvement
- Support the development of policy and process to on-board suppliers and refine the supply-chain to deliver world class products and supply-chain performance
Drive quality performance reviews and Learning-From-Experience activities to ensure no repeat issues from previous projects
- Act as the day-day point of contact for Supplier Quality and the SQA team
- Support programme and technical reviews internally and with the customer
- Defining and mitigating risks associated with supplied material and supply chain
To be a successful candidate as a Quality Assurance Engineer you will need:
- A formal engineering qualification (e.g. HNC/D, Degree, apprenticeship) with proven experience of working in a Supplier Quality role within automotive, aerospace or similar industry. Demonstrable experience working with electrification of vehicles would be a distinct advantage.
- ISO9001 internal auditor qualification (experience with ISO/TS16949 is preferable)
- Knowledge of APQP, PPAP, IMDS
- A team player who can communicate at all levels within the business; Ability to convey complex ideas and data in a concise manner; works to strict deadlines and able to prioritise in a complex and shifting environment
- Pension - 8% employer contribution, increasing to 10% after 3 years service
- Life assurance
- Group income protection
- Health Cash Plan (this covers all aspects of health and wellbeing including money towards dental, optical, MRI, physio, etc)
- Private Medical
- Bonus scheme
- 26 days holiday plus public holidays
- Electric salary sacrifice car scheme
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.