A new, opportunity has arisen for a Purchasing Program Manager within a global tier 1 automotive organisation. You will be accountable for programs and the coordination of multi-functional teams to ensure success of all programs across the UK and other Plants.
As Purchasing Program Manager, you will get a salary of £55,000- £60,000 per annum and rewarding benefits package.
As a Purchasing Program Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Assume responsibility for the life of the program with regards to budget, planning, scheduling, customer satisfaction, and direction of assigned resources from program kick-off through to a successful production launch (i.e. cradle to grave).
- Develop, update and complete Open Issues Timelines, e- Program Books, Program Kick-off Books, Supplier Risk Assessments, Program Risk Management, Capacity Studies, APQP Status Reports, Change Logs, Lessons Learned (TGW), Customer Surveys, EH&S reviews, Customer Milestone Summaries, Launch Status Reports, Stage Gates and other tools, procedures and reports as identified in the template Open Issues Timeline and PM Web Site.
- Coordinate and assist in the compilation of the overall program budget for supply chain costs in preparation of the RFA and Pro-Forma documents.
- Prepare and present the program’s top-level sourcing plan to senior management.
- Communicate or present project status as needed through reports and program management reviews at all levels.
- Ensure the product is designed to meet the customer’s requirements and mass production manufacturability, challenge engineering where appropriate if amendments need to be made.
- Champion regular cross functional Product Launch Team (PLT) meetings to review the program schedule and assign resources to address any open issues.
- Ensure that the adequate resources are assigned to all project tasks. Elevate deficiencies to the appropriate management staff.
- Identify program risks and establish suitable contingency plans with the team.
- Assure the completion of all local PM processes such as Stage Gate reviews, Program Launch Status Reporting and Customer Milestone Report measurables with accompanying root cause and corrective action activities.
- Run supplier events to align expectations at all critical stages of the project.
This position is based in Birmingham and is easily commutable from West Bromwich, Sutton Coldfield, Smethwick and Walsall.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa