A global automotive supplier is currently seeking a Purchasing Manager to join their organisation, to work from their plant located in Worcestershire. The role of Purchasing Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing the commodity strategy in line with the company’s overall business strategy you will receive a competitive salary of £47,000 to £52,000 per annum, working in a permanent, full time position.
As a Purchasing Manager, your duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Develop the commodity strategy in line with the Business strategy and company policy
- Implement the strategy and monitor the progress to ensure achieving cost down targets
- Ensure to meet the time-bound target for new projects – coordinate to work efficiently and effectively with internal colleagues and/or suppliers
- Develop and issue RFQ and evaluate open book quotations by making detailed comparisons between suppliers
- Negotiate with internal customers and/or suppliers in terms of contractual agreement or QCD agreement to secure the better deal to create positive impact to the company’s profitability
- Monitor and assess any commercial risks in relation to existing suppliers and sub-suppliers
To be successful in the role of Purchasing Manager, you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Fully qualified with CIPS– Business or Engineering degree is advantageous
- Hands-on supplier audit & quotation analysis skill
- Experience to work in a fast paced / dynamic environment
- Hands-on negotiation skill for better terms for commercial benefits
- Knowledge and/or experience in Lean Manufacturing practice such as TPS, JIT, 5S is advantageous
- Practical experience in supplier site audit in high volume production is advantageous
This position is based in Worcester and is easily accessible from Bromsgrove, Pershore, Redditch, Kidderminster, Stourbridge, Birmingham, Stourport on Severn, Evesham, Rubery, Northfield and Bewdley
If you are an experienced Purchasing Manager looking for the opportunity to work with a well-established company, please apply immediately.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.