Project Mechanical Design Engineer
Excellent salary plus benefits
Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity for a Project Mechanical Design Engineer to be working within the Technical Design Team, you will be required to lead a project from concept to installation. You will be required to manage multiple projects/contracts.
Your responsibilities as a Project Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
- You will be required to produce high quality 2D & 3D drawings to allow accurate fabrication and production of component parts.
- Use Engineering Calculations, principles, tools, and software to overcome design and build issues.
- You will liaise with other Design Engineers to discuss design requirements for each project, as well as in-house fabricators / welders during production.
- You will liaise with Production Operatives to ensure all designs are fully manufacturable by providing accurate, clear and concise CAD data to an agreed assembly structure.
- You will provide technical support to colleagues within other functions
- Liaising with the client throughout the project, including on site visits, to ensure their requirements are managed & met.
- React to customer issues and provide ongoing design modifications and support.
- You will be bright, enthusiastic, and ready for a challenge.
To be a successful candidate as a Project Mechanical Design Engineer you will need:
- Ideally Degree qualified (BEng, BSc, MEng or MSc)
- Ability to work within strict timeframes
- The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic & flexible, Self-managed, motivated, and hard working.
- Experience of working with design & detailing of; platforms & walkways including building steelwork and staircases; Ductwork; fully welded construction and support brackets; structural steelwork and supports.
- Experience in a design environment in architecture, building, construction, or engineering services.
- Good working knowledge of 2D AutoCAD, and Solid Works
- Good working knowledge of fabrication / welding and general manufacturing techniques.
- Able to work accurately & efficiently with attention to detail.
- Good communication skills to be able to liaise with other departments in a concise and efficient manner.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.