Project Manager Design Co-Ordinator
Attractive salary + Benefits package
Recruit12 Construction has a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager Design Co-Ordinator to join a leading Civil Engineering and Construction company.
Due to continuing success and growth of the Civil Engineering team, they have a fantastic new opportunity for a Project Manager with Design Coordinator responsibilities. You will play a pivotal senior management role working on a major water infrastructure framework across Northern Ireland | and Great Britain.
The key focus areas will involve the management of framework programmes and the supply chain along with client liaison. There will be the opportunity to continue to develop professionally with the support of the Contracts Manager.
As a Project Manager Design Co-Ordinator your responsibilities will include the following:
• Design Scope: working as part of the wider design team to assist in determining the design scope by analysing the clients’ requirements and documenting the delivery plan.
• Design Co-ordination: liaise with the sub-contracted design team while working closely with estimators, quantity surveyors, site managers and other key members of the project team along with the external clients to produce sound solutions.
• Review Proposed Designs and Drawings: to ensure technical and specification compliance prior to approval, identify problems with the design development and feedback to the broader team
• Coordinate required site surveys/data gathering once the design scope is realised.
• Project Programme: oversee design process against pre-construction programme and overall project delivery budget.
• Meetings: attend and chair multi-disciplinary design and project progress meetings; facilitate in resolving design issues and conflicts. ensuring a positive working relationship is established and maintained, always acting as an ambassador for the Company.
• Labour Resources: effective and efficient management, allocation, and coordination of resources for projects.
• Company Policies and Procedures: Ensure adherence to the policies and procedures (including IMS) e.g., environmental, health and safety, and quality such as planning and implementing safe work systems.
• Traffic Management Plans: develop in accordance with Chapter 8, including any permit and associated notes.
To be successful as a Project Manager Design Co-Ordinator, you must have:
• The ability to use their own initiative taking accountability and responsibility for projects from start to finish.
• Excellent communication skills and good general commercial awareness.
• Be clear-thinking, calm and have a positive approach to challenges that may arise.
• 3rd Level qualification in a Civil or Construction Engineering related discipline.
• 5+ years’ industry experience or 15+ years’ industry experience.
• Hold an understanding of MEICA works (Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Control & Automation)
• Experience within a similar role, ideally within the water industry
• Hold a Full UK Driving Licence
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Construction, Automotive, Aerospace, and World-Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note that Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.