£55,000 to £60,000
Recruit12 Construction has a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Project Manager to join our construction team.
As a Project Manager you will report to and support the Contracts Manager to successfully deliver projects within the business.
You will supervise several Site Managers and ensure that project deadlines are met, and relay important instructions to the construction team.
To be successful as a Project Manager, you should demonstrate experience in managing construction project resources and budgets under the supervision of Contracts Managers.
Outstanding Project Managers are proactive in avoiding construction delays and preventing unnecessary/additional costs.
Top three goals
- Deliver all projects safely, on time and to budget
- Ensure Gross Profit is maintained or improved from the Budget Estimate
- Ensure Projects are administered correctly to reduce contractual, commercial, and financial risk
As a Project Manager your responsibilities will include the following:
- Reporting to the Contracts Manager as required
- Capable of running a £5-10M project as number one on site. Supported by Site Managers and a QS as necessary you will be experienced in administering contracts and understanding the commercial risks of the same.
- Capable of managing 3 to 4 £1M projects at a time, supporting the Site Manager of each project with day-to-day organisation and delivery requirements
- Capable of writing and responding to contractual/commercial letters
- Protect the Contracts Manager from having to get involved in day-to-day organisation of the projects
- Ensuring that requirements, as specified by the client and senior management, are met
- Collaborating with other construction project stakeholders as required
- Procuring materials, labour, and equipment, as well as third-party subcontractors and suppliers
- Monitoring labour, building material, and equipment budgets and curbing unnecessary expenses/costs
- Co-ordinating with Contracts Managers on managing work methods which are technically sound, safe, economically viable, feasible and consistent and advise them of any items which may impact or change the Contract Programme
- Preparing work schedules and sequencing onsite tasks. Understanding baseline programmes and monitoring against them.
- Supervising Site Operatives and site activities to ensure tasks carried out are within their levels of skill and expertise
- Supervising on-site construction work and relaying instructions from senior project managers
- Monitor the attendance of Site Operatives and Subcontractors and check the Daily Allocation sheets for accuracy and correct reporting of additional instructed work
- Ensuring that construction industry safety regulations are followed
- Implement the requirements of Work Safety Plans, Method Statements, Risk Assessments, and other Works Procedures ensuring they comply with the relevant documentation
- Ensure all site operatives are always wearing appropriate PPE during site activities
- Ensure all site operatives are trained to use any plant and equipment and they are always using it safely and for its correct purpose
- Ensure the site is kept in a clean and tidy manner ensuring that all plant, equipment, and materials that are not required are returned to the appropriate location
- Maintain Daily Records of site activities and liaise with the Project/Contracts Managers to produce information for Progress Reports
- Reporting any concerns that might negatively impact projected cost and time estimates
- Openly report any mistakes or near misses and feedback any lessons learnt and best practice
- Look for and suggest any improvements in site operations
To be successful as a Project Manager, you must have:
- Monitor costs and gross profit margins against budget
- Tracking progress and reporting on the same
- Ensure client satisfaction
- Compare performance across projects
- Full driving license, preferably clean
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, civil engineering, project management, or similar, e.g., completion of a construction related apprenticeship
- 10-20 years of experience managing construction projects for a Contractor
- The proven ability to monitor construction project budgets and deadlines
- Proficiency in recordkeeping and electronic project management systems
- Experience in relaying detailed instructions to onsite construction teams
- Advanced negotiation skills to procure cost-effective subcontractors and suppliers
- Ability to closely collaborate with other construction project stakeholders
- Evidence of knowledge in either Engineering, Mechanical or Controls.
- Experience working in a construction environment as a minimum with a CSCS or SKILLcard ideal but not essential.
- Working knowledge of CAD with a minimum of the ability to interpret the drawings.
- Evidence of experience working on multiple projects simultaneously that require adaption of skillset.
- Exceptional commercial awareness
- Excellent IT Skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Exceptional listening and questioning skills
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Great numerical and analytical skills
- Superb mentoring and management experience
- Analytical and logical problem-solving skills
- Innate business acumen
- Great attention to detail
- An ability to explain complex information in a clear straight forward manner
- Fantastic communication skills when dealing with various parties
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Construction, Automotive, Aerospace, and World-Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.