Remote Working (With the option to work from the nearest office)
Excellent Salary plus benefits package
Recruit12 currently has a position for a Project Manager to provide technical direction and governance on projects across Veolia UK’s Water & Industrial Customers and lead the development of new innovative and commercially attractive service offerings to support the sustainable growth of Veolia UK’s. This position is well suited to an individual that is technically solution-focused and currently working in the engineering sector.
Veolia UK are the UK leader in Environmental Solutions. They offer services and expertise in waste, water and energy management helping to build a more sustainable future. As a global organisation, their work focuses on delivering simple but innovative solutions to preserving natural resources, reducing pollution and protecting our environment.
As a Project Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
- Leading and setting standards for the Project Development team to develop new proposals, existing operational contracts, and new business development opportunities from a technical design perspective with a strong commercial understanding.
- Acting as Technical Lead for Business Development opportunities from pre-qualification to concept design up to Investco and proposal submission.
- Assessing the technical and commercial viability of opportunities.
- Providing technical due diligence, feasibility studies, and option assessments to contribute to the development of proposals.
- Processing design energy production/distribution solutions in partnership with clients to meet the needs for sustainability, resilience, performance, and life cycle cost.
- Building close relationships with trusted suppliers to develop technical solutions and prepare quotations challenging scope, costs, timeline, and safety track records.
- Being the key lead in identifying and managing Project Risks including appropriate awareness and escalation.
- Preparing technical project briefs and managing internal approval processes, considering Capex, programme, resource, performance, procurement strategy, risks identification, and mitigation.
- Acting as a mentor and a leader for junior team members, sharing knowledge to progress team development, developing technical libraries.
To be successful as a Project Manager, you must have:
- Experience within a similar role is essential - A Masters or Degree in Mechanical Engineering/Building Services/Power Generation or similar engineering subject is desirable.
- Good understanding of thermal processes including steam, hot water, heat exchanger, hydraulics, pressure losses to lead design reviews.
- Ability to articulate a strong understanding of technical design concepts.
- Experienced Technical Project Manager with resource planning and team leadership skills.
- Commercially astute with experience in costing models.
- Proficient with spreadsheets, Gantt charts, and presentations.
- Strong relationship builder with skills in negotiating, networking, and influencing.
- Ability to quickly identify technological solutions and commercial approaches to assist in the development of industrial, healthcare, district heat network, and commercial solutions.
- Ability to identify and develop solutions to improve existing industrial and energy performance contracts to increase efficiency and performance.
- Excellent understanding of the proposals process for construction works.
If you are excited by the prospect of joining an international organization as a Project Manager, please apply immediately.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World-Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport, or a valid UK visa.