Recruit12 Construction has a fantastic opportunity for a Project Engineer to join a well-established Rail Consultancy, who help clients and investors in the railway deliver their projects for their local communities.
Working on projects across the UK ranging from £500k-£70m. The projects range from town centre redevelopment with rail interface, residential development with rail infrastructure upgrades through to brand new stations and infrastructure.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Working on various projects at different stages of the GRIP life cycle, including preparing feasibility studies, design management and providing technical support to live construction projects as well as mechanical & electrical building services design and implementation.
Your will have a varied role and be responsible for assisting the Senior Engineering Team in all aspects of projects, including the production of technical notes and feasibility reports, design coordination and management, production of drawings using AutoCAD and managing site visits.
As a Project Engineer your responsibilities will include the following:
- Work in accordance with the Engineering Assurance Process (once in place) and assist in its production for management of the design elements of projects during the development and implementation phases, and ensure that process accord with best practice, Standards and any applicable regulations.
- Provide engineering support and design management in the development and delivery of a programme of projects to agreed scope, time, cost and quality requirements.
- This support may include undertaking the role of Designated Project Engineer or Project Engineer on specific projects.
- Work in accordance with the Engineering Assurance Process Quality Management System to ensure that the best possible services are provided to customers; and that customer feedback informs the ongoing development of the business.
- Report to the Engineering Director or Senior Engineers as appropriate on the progress of the engineering / technical elements of projects, make recommendations and propose decisions where required on any aspect of project delivery; attend the Engineering Team meeting as required.
- Manage some staff, sub-consultants and suppliers to meet all company standards.
- Work with the Project Managers to establish an effective relationship, supporting effective delivery, performance measurement and management of change.
- Act upon and discharge of all Construction Design Management (CDM) obligations for projects as required.
- Work to ensure emerging legislation and ongoing best practice is properly accounted for in documentation, contracts and specifications.
- Apply change, risk and resource management including early warning to line management.
- Manage personal resources and own professional development and to help identify key elements of the training programme for all engineering staff to help ensure that the engineering team have the expertise required to deliver the support to projects.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Construction, Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.