German Speaking Project Engineer
Excellent salary plus benefits
Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity for a German Speaking Project Engineer to to lead the team responsible for achieving the project objectives, through the application of knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to the project activities to meet the individual project and business requirements. This includes the program requirements identification, selection and acquisition of support services (New Product Development and SBU team assignment, tooling, customers and so on).
Your responsibilities as a Project Engineer you will need:
- Must work in line with the client's project guidelines and meet each SBU’s strategic goals and objectives, assessing the commercial and manufacturing viability of projects, and working closely with the sales team. Ensure specification is met as per the agreed customer requirements.
- Liaise closely with New Product Development team and Supply Chain Management, where appropriate, to maintain regular communications with sub contractors and tool makers as necessary. Maintain the timing and tracking process to provide regular updates for cost, timing, quality and other project key measurables.
- Project Development: Support direct and indirect team members and be aligned with Key Account Managers in customer focused meetings. Proficient in MS Office and all relevant internal systems. Have clear and competent ability to run an APQP style program and support KAM with SOW's, Warranty conditions, tooling quotes and associated technical needs that are designed into targeted programs (feasibility check), ensure that customer requirements are "translated" and fed back into the organization (incl. commercial and technical requirements).
- Kick off project management process to ensure that work on the identified projects establish project budget (engineering hours, tooling budget, piece cost budget, project management hours) together with Engineering Manager & BDM. Recommend piece price/tooling cost to BDM / Key Account Manager for further review, ensure cost targets, quality requirements and timelines are met with the lowest possible manpower and cost effort.
- Develop and maintain Workfront and the open project list as a visible communication and management tool. Generate weekly engineering projects reports and conduct Weekly engineering review meetings with the project teams and stakeholders where required. Establish and develop realistic and achievable business goals for each assigned Project and formally review their performance on ongoing basis.
To be a successful candidate as a Project Engineer you will need:
- Engineering University Degree preferred
- Manufactuing industry experience required - 2+ years.
- Good financial and cost breakdown knowledge required.
- Experience of electromechanical products and mechanisms preferred (eg, including Motors, PCB, Firmware, etc)
- Fluent in English required and another language preferred
- Program management skills and project management/coordination preferred.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.